Saturday, August 9, 2008

THE 50TH POST

I'm laying my cards on the table... thats translation for me answering your questions!
Here, NOW, in my 50th post!
Unfortunately the video refuses to upload so I will just have to type up my responses
First off I was asked about my hobbies, if I'm in school, and if I have a job.
Well Hobbies include:
*Drawing fashion designs
*Blogging (of course)
but I do check other people's blogs as well!
*Reading!
*Television which includes Project Runway, Ashley Paige:Bikini or Bust, and what will be THE RACHEL ZOE PROJECT (these are all fashion-oriented) go figure right?
*Recent venture: BOXING
a way to keep in shape and learn a new sport
SCHOOLING:
I am going into my senior year of high school
EMPLOYMENT STATUS:
NONE
(In other words I do not work, not an actual job that is)
HAHA
But I am definitely not spoiled
FAVORITE FASHION DESIGNERS:
Marc Jacobs, Vera Wang, Bottega Vennetta, and Alberta Ferretti
IF I HAD MY OWN LABEL MY NICHE WOULD BE:
Avant-garde
or being modern
but most importantly sophisticated!
I love to design dresses, but when I make designs I think of the whole picture, shoes, accessories, etc.
AND NOW FOR MY INSPIRATIONS....
PHOTOSHOOTS!
THIS MAGAZINE!
ELLE can almost NEVER disappoint me
It's photoshoots I love, its articles are brilliant, and it defines what is high-fashion.The one and only Christian Siriano, he's in his early twenties and acts as an unstoppable force, he has immense talent and qualities that embody a great fashion designer!

Here are some attendees I chose from the Louis Vuitton party honoring Rufus Albemarle and a party in the Hamptons.
Here, one attendee dons on the layered necklace look which coordinates and even boosts up this ensemble. This is what I mean when I say adding an accessory to something basic. When done correctly you can go from basic to simple done classic.

Next attendee....
he wears a fedora which I think makes a statement
It's not careless its laidback
and I think it works since this is a party in the Hamptons and its still summer

I'm not sure what to say about the outfit itself
but the shoes in the words of Rachel Zoe, are "BANANAS".

So I recently started looking into menswear, but I found that in these pictures it was more than the menswear that took me aback. It was the PHOTOGRAPHY itself, which was taken by Jennifer Livingston.
And these are utterly fantastic

A leather jacket on a man raves cool and suave!

FASHION SHOOT FROM W MAGAZINE
IT MAKES ME THINK OF FALL AND THAT MAKES ME VERY EXCITED
A NEW SEASON
ANOTHER FASHION






THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR YOUR QUESTIONS AND COMMENTS
MUCH LOVE!
-THE WEEKLY BLOGETTE

VIDEO OF THE WEEK: "2 HEARTS" by Kylie Minogue


8 comments:

Diana @ So Fash'on said...

so many inspiring images! thanks :) :*

pinup_girl said...

Loved this post, yay for the big 5-0!

WendyB said...

Great shoes.

Anonymous said...

congrats for 50th!!
yay fall always makes me happy! and that fashion shoot frm W def makes me even more excited!

Fashion Addict said...

Congrats on making it to 50 posts! Drawing fashion designs is a really cool hobby! And not to mention blogging too.

P.S. My domain changed to http://www.fashionaddictgirl.com so when you have the time, can you update my link to the new url?

Siru said...

The last photoshoot looks so cler and fantastic. Congratulation again!

juliet xxx

Gina said...

Absolutely beautiful picks! Happy 50th post dear!

Sebastian Perinotti said...

i love that you're looking into menswear now!!