Thursday, December 20, 2007

Analyzation

Let’s lay down the law on this post and this blog. (And I’m sorry that the new post has been much delayed). Anyway, I just wanted to say that the topics I cover and whatever it is that I talk about on this blog are things that I am passionate about. The Weekly Blogette is based on my thoughts, my feelings…my perspective.

Analyzation....
The perfect title for my post especially because lately my English class demands a student to look deeper into his or her thoughts and write down brilliant things on paper. (Still trying to master the “brilliant”part). I currently have to write about The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn and give my opinion of it...but enough of that, let's get to the post shall we?










Feathers...a trend that is not overused. Which makes me like it all the more. It has transcended from Fall 2007 (the first three pics) to Spring 2008 (the last three pics). If you look carefully this trend is sprinkled ever so carefully in particular collections like Fall 2007 Nina Ricci and Spring 2008 Roberto Cavalli. I think that feathers can be difficult to incorporate in a collection, you cannot add to much or else the outfit can appear as a costume. Put just enough, and you add some allure and elegance to the outfit. Also the appearance of feathers are soft and rather graceful...what I love about them is that they can put so much meaning into a garment. Delicacy, that is the meaning.
Brief fashion comment/rec.: Autumn/winter 2007-08 Paul and Joe: voluminous and innovative with bright eye popping colors. It’s grown up but not old…the construction is clean . If you do not know already the construction of a garment fascinates me which is why I love the atumn/winter collection. Actually, just check out
http://paulandjoe.com/ it always has good music - the way the whole site is set up is great and animated. The song selction gives a smooth transition from the pictures to their clothes on the website.

Random pick: Something that everyone has to try...the Double Chocolate Chip Frappuccino.



I think that if there is one item that every girl should have it would be a charm bracelet. Or at least a bracelet with intersting little trinkets dangling on it.



Hmmm...Travis. (That's the name of the band.) Who I have discovered recently, which is rather sad since this band has been around for a while. I definitely definitely recommend their music! And if you want an idea on their "sound" Travis is reminiscent of Keane (another band). So, if you do have the time, you should look into this band, my favorite song by Travis is "closer", oh and "selfish jean" also deserves an honorable mention.


"Lars and the real girl" was an interesting movie-watching experience. This movie has two sides, and you can either see one or both of those sides. On the one side, this movie would basically be the life and death of a lovedoll. On the other side, it would be the story and healing of a man who has suffered emotionally and has kept those feelings inside of him. That person happens to be Lars, who has dealt with the death of both his mother and father-becoming an introverted individual. But that changes when he brings in "Bianca" the lovedoll, into the lives of his brother and sister-in-law. Lars begins to express himself through Bianca, and with the help of a doctor, starts to let go of his anguish. What really amazed me was that the town that Lars lives in is filled with people who do nothing but support him. Their support allows him to be ultimately healed.
I AM LEGEND: movie comment....

I just saw this movie today so I'll give my opinion of it while its fresh in my mind. I thought that Will Smith acted brilliantly, as usual. Intense emotions were delivered, especially in the flashbacks Will's character had of his wife and daughter during the city's evacuation. I also found the movie relatable to the world today. At one point, Will's character says "God didn't do this...we did". So, digest that for a second...what do you think of? My thoughts are global warming, war/destruction, etc. Things that we as human beings are responsible for, I'm not saying that you are at fault specifically. I'll be perfectly honest, I'm not perfect in protecting the environment or anything like that. I just think that things that happen in our world do not happen on their own, without us doing anything. So all in all this movie was good and very interesting.

(A good read that has a similar theme to I AM LEGEND would be: the Uglies series by Scott Westerfeld.)
Well that's all for now, I have yet to post the featurette on designer photos and a very famous Twiggy...which will hopefully be soon. And I will be publishing weekly now that I am on break from school. So, if you are craving for more drop by the Weekly Blogette on Thursday to fill up your fashion appetite, bye for now!

20 comments:

Emma said...

I've been waiting for you to post for so long! =) I love double choclate chip fraps I was the first one in Auckland to even have one thats how much I love them! I heart the runway pics w/ the feathers so so diva!

Bojana said...

Nice post!!

I love feathers. There is a gorgeous sequined and feathered dress at Zara, and I'm in love with it. But well no occasions to wear it, hah

Unknown said...

feathers, starbucks + charm bracelets-yes please!

rice paper girl said...

love feathers, but not sure that i would be able to pull it off, haha.

Unknown said...

oh it's about time you updated, i love reading your posts :p as for feathers, i can't really say i'm a fan :( but double chocolate chip cappuccinos.. mmmm, that's more my style, hah

Jen (MahaloFashion) said...

It's about time girl ahhaa
i love all the headgear in the pictures, they are so creative with the feathers and all!!

Rach said...

Aw lucky! I really wanted to see Lars and the Real Girl it looked so cute!!

Grace's said...

There are many Birds in Fashions !^^ Pretty pictures, I love your blog, Merry Christmas! Kisses

Anonymous said...

feathers... they're starting to grow on me..

check out my new post btw!

-S said...

i have been dying to see i am legend and lars and the real girl!
although i have heard that the second half of i am legend is horrible, but the first part is oscar worthy for smith. and any movie with ryan gosling is reason enough to go see it. but i rarely have time to go see movies lately. but hopefuly soon.
Happy holidays!

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

I really like the feather trend and agree it is not overused. We are finally seeing feathers as more than just trim or on bad cocktail dresses for celebs, the approach is almost a more retro style--in hair, in hats, etc. Makes the wearer feel as if they could fly away. And that is just lovely.

alexgirl said...

Love the feather look! Very cute.
And I completely loved Lars and the Real Girl. I am a sucker for an indie comedy/drama, and I thought Lars was very well done. I just saw JUNO, by the way, which is my new favorite movie.
Oh, and Travis! Such an amazing band. I saw them live this summer, and it was the best show I've ever been to. I'd see them again in a hot second!
Happy Holidays!!!

Natalie said...

I adore feathers!! Especially in hair. I like your blog :) Want to trade links?

If you do, leave your link with me at my blog. I blog surf through a proxy, so I can't see it :-P

Jen (MahaloFashion) said...

HAVE A GOOD HOLIDAYS!!

Céline Messager said...

great post!!

can you see the new version of my blog??

have a good holidays and a merry christmas!!

satin-pump

The Redheaded Bandit said...

merry christmas and have a fabulous new year

Seeker said...

I've stumbled by your blog and I'm liking it.
Happy Holidays

Jen (MahaloFashion) said...

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE BIRTHDAY CARD, IT'S SO SWEET OF YOU XOXOXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Sally Jane Vintage said...

Travis is one of my all time favorite bands. I've been fortunate enough to see them live twice this year. Fran Healy is amazing!

Flair said...

great post! I love charm bracelets too, a girl can never have enough.