Thursday, December 27, 2007

The Pick-me up Post

Alright, let's face it, not everyday is a bucket of sunshine and rainbows. It's not always the perfect day...there will be room for sad times. And that's just a fact. But what if you had a way to turn it around? What if you had an online guide to give yourself an instant boost of? Well this is it...the pick-me up post!
WARNING: This pick-me up post has a 50/50 percent change of success. It will either help you feel better or not. Though I have complete confidence that you will find at least one thing to give you a little happiness. This is the WEEKLY BLOGETTE's attempt to spread a little happiness in the form of a post:
Listen to this:
OK GO "Here it goes again"
and
Madonna "Music"
and
Blink 182 "All the small things"
These songs should get you up, moving, and having fun in no time!
Mission: Survive the Bop It Extreme. Goal: Have hours of endless fun. Enough said.


If you're bummed but still have some energy left, you could always put yourself to good use. Boxing can really work when you're upset about something...just let those emotions OUT! Or if you're striving for something that lasts longer take up a class! Think boxing, dance, even the gym! I read something about exercise and how it really can make you feel happy. I think it has to do with realeasing endorphins. And how can you not be happy with exercise, you'll be pushing your limits while making yourself look even better! A second option is baking, and not just for yourself...you can bake for other people too? It will definitely give them something to smile about, which in turn will help you feel better about yourself.



I usually do not come across a book that can make me laugh. A book that can have humor that sticks with me. But I did come across a couple. The first is The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn which I think is in some ways pretty sensational. I love how Huck is on this whole journey of self-discovery while pulling off some pretty crazy shenanigans along the way. (One of those shenanigans includes dressing up as a girl and failing miserably). The second book is one that I looked into...and it seems like a really good read. And yeah it really is a survival guide for fighting against zombies. Useful?No. Entertaining?Oh yes! Catching up on reruns of your favorite show. Fresh Prince is a favorite of mine...I just love the moments Will and Carlton have together...so classic! Oh and remember theses words: "Its not unusual to be loved by anyone.Its not unusual to have fun with anyone." Baradadaaaaaaaaaa!

Magazines are my greatest fad and weakness. But depending on the magazine, you can find brilliantly written articles, wonderful fashion editorials, and so on. This is the cover of British Vogue Magazine by the way...and it fits very well with the post because it offers a "fashion pick-me up"! Then there's Men's vogue on top, I read a bit of the article on Will Smith. I have yet to finish but I'm definitely intrigued!

23 comments:

rice paper girl said...

love that last vogue cover!
and haha so true, fresh prince always makes me laugh no matter what! so classic

rice paper girl said...

also, do you mind if i add you to my links list? :)

Jen (MahaloFashion) said...

I love fresh prince so much me and my bf downloaded the whole 6 seasons it took us a whole month hahhaa
love all the songs you selected
fabu post as always
xoxo

Grace's said...

I love Eva Green :) she's very pretty, her look is very mysterious.Kisses

Céline Messager said...

Eva Green is one of my favorite actress, she is so glamourous!!

big kiss & hapy new year!!

satin pump

Tru said...

good hints...I'm off to pop in some of my fave dvds

Jaclyn said...

I love to bake! lol great vogue cover.

Kristin said...

haha. those are pretty good suggestions.

cool blog! would you be interested in exchanging links?

Ella Gregory said...

I really want to read a copy of Men's Vogue just to se what it's like
It's hard to find in the UK though.
I'm listening to Madonna right now as well....

Bojana said...

Wow, Eva Green looks beautiful on that VOGUE cover!

Mash said...

lmao i m in love with eva green (no i love men lol) and i love "music " from Madonna yeahhhhhh !

Anonymous said...

aw cute post!
i rmemeber when i used to be obsessed with bopit....

Unknown said...

I love a good night of catching up on your reading! Vanity Fair has the best articles, too, we finally broke down and got a subscription.

Emma said...

the vogue cover is very stylie... and the guys in the first pic are hothothot the adventures of huckleberry finn is a pretty good book (I had to read it in school once) have to update my pod with some new tunes will be posting jan4 so keep posted

Lauren said...

haha i love this list! i agree, all these things make me happier on a boring/not so great day! thanks :)
happy new years eve!

Hildur said...

ahh so true. Good music and magazines can make me happy any time. And you can't deny what exercise does to your spirit!

LADY said...

I love that you have that zombie book! Love that!!!

Sebastian Perinotti said...

happy new year:)

Flair said...

I'm a magazine addict too - I can never throw them away either.

K. said...

who knows, maybe the zombie survival guide would come in handy when playing the resident evil games! =D
Happy new year babe!

Jen (MahaloFashion) said...

blog soon hahah
i'll keep bugging you
mmm love will on the cover of men's vogue he's grown up but still has that ligth hearted personality of fresh prince!

Diana @ So Fash'on said...

I've just tagged you. More details here:
http://www.sofashon.com/thinking-blogger/
Hugs

Hélène said...

the one thing that makes me feel good in no time is the video of the song "here it goes again": -)