Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Open your mind





Its time to promote peace! You remember hearing about the 70s? You know like all out flashy glitz and glam style, bell bottoms, crazy colors/prints, wide leg trousers, the works?! A time where the war was unpopular, and hippies would try to promote peace by protests and whatnot. Well...maybe its time some peace be promoted now. With all kinds of wars going on in the world (race, ethnicity, greed, power,etc.) we cannot chose to give a blind eye. In other words its time to learn a little more about what's going on. One major thing, more like ISSUE, is the genocide in Darfur. Its a battle of ethnicities and of oil and the government...its pretty bad. Children are being left parentless, there's starvation, etc. Before I continue on I'm going to be honest and say that I am no current-day hippie, off spreading the word to everyone I know and making big donations. But I know its important to know about what's going on in the world. And that is a great starter point for everybody, GETTING THE KNOWLEDGE!! Once you know you can then ACT. Poverty is also a big issue around the globe. Did you know that just by taking a few minutes to go online and give your "signature" to a letter to the government you can make a difference? Countries will be given financial aid so its citizens don't have to suffer. One.org is an organization that does this. And you don't have to pay to be a member, all they want is your pledge to help out those in need. You can also checkout savedarfur.org, its very informative about whats going on in Sudan. My main point though is that we should all just try and do what we can. I too will put forth a better effort into doing what I CAN in getting educated and helping those who need help. I think that it truly is up to all of us to do our part.

23 comments:

Diana @ So Fash'on said...

you are soo right it hurts!

Frasier said...

Thats cool about the signature part.I will look for it.
Education is so important to improving oneself

Emily said...

yes PEACE!

Siru said...

sad and true.

juliet xxx

Laura Espinach said...

Hi! I'm Laura from luxfashion.blogspot.com. Thank you for you comments, I began my blog four days ago, and you are actually the first person to comment who isn't a friend of mine :).
You have a very nice blog. By the way, what's yout name?
Keep checking my blog, I'll do the same!
Kisses

Jen (MahaloFashion) said...

Omigosh, I love jessica's whole outfit, especially the 'peace' bag!!

Mr. Shoes said...

thanks for visiting my site

and i do love your fashionista sass

keep it up, babe

Locas del diseño said...

In fact that fragment i wrote there is a song from Migue García an Argentinian musican ; his letters are charming .
Thanks for passing

xoxo

Alison said...

I totally agree :( it's like that quote( I think) 'why can't we just all get along?' At least, I'm pretty sure that a quote...

oh and we should positively trade links, your blog is fab!

pinup_girl said...

PEACE :]

ashley heaton said...

love it - the aesthetic AND the message.

Unknown said...

Its so pathetic to see small children starving. Sad!

Tru said...

I think it is so wonderful you are posting abour Darfur. it is an issue that more ppl need to be aware of and that the UN really needs to do more about

Raych said...

Great post, we definitely need to raise awareness!

Eritia said...

thanks so much!

Ella Gregory said...

great post
i love jessica albas bag

Alison said...

thanks for the link :) you are officially added to my fashionable sites section!

Sarah Carson said...

excuse how thick this is going to sound, but i learnt all about the thing in darfur from the ER episodes last season and OMG, i know that's not real but it was awful enough to watch and i hat eto think what it's like in real life, where y'know, john carter ISN'T saving the world! great post i love JA's bag! love x

indigomast said...

you're so right :)
great post!

Bella said...

Peace...i agree...we need to stop it with all the turmoil and war in the world...

Diana Coronado said...

Great post, i think the same..., all we want is peace

Harrie said...

You're so right about Darfur and peace. Amnesty International have an album of John Lennon covers (U2, Christina Aguilera, Jack Johnson and loads and loads of others) out on iTunes at the moment to raise funds & awareness about Darfur - it's called Instant Karma, and I'd really recommend it!

Emily ♥ said...

You got so many comments!

People should pay more attention to the Genocide in Darfur! I wish I could do something to help.

On the lighter note...I want Jessica Alba's bag. Michelle Williams has the 2nd dress i think?